ICS 2016 - Poster Presentation Information
- Poster boards will be located at the ground floor in the Poster display area of COMSTECH.
- Kindly bring affixing material for your posters yourselves.
- A poster may use photos, figures, and tables to tell the story of the study. For clarity, present the information in a sequence that is easy to follow like:
- Determine a logical sequence for the material you will be presenting.
- Organize that material into sections, e.g., Introduction, Methods, Results, Discussion, Conclusions, &, if necessary, Literature Cited.
- Avoid using too many citations.
- You may wish to use numbers to help sequence sections of the poster.
- Arrange the material into columns.
- The poster should not rely upon your verbal explanation to link together the various portions
- Use active voice when writing the text
- The poster is not a publication of record, so excessive detail about methods, or vast tables of data are not necessary. Such material can be discussed with interested persons individually during or after the session, or presented in a handout
- Use short sentences, simple words, and bullets to illustrate discrete points.
- Remove all non-essential information from graphs and tables.
- If possible, label data lines in graphs directly, using large type & color.
- Lines in illustrations should be larger than normal. Use contrast and colors for emphasis.
- Use colors to distinguish different data groups in graphs. Avoid using patterns or open bars in histograms.
Click to View Poster Layout