National Poster Making Competition - 2018
Each year, SUPARCO organizes Poster Making contest at national level and takes part at international level during the session of Asia Pacific Regional Space Agency Forum (APRSAF). This year, the theme for poster contest is “My Home in Space”. Best three winning posters across Pakistan will be selected for further participation at international level during the 25th session of APRSAF. SUPARCO invites students from different schools across Pakistan to design a poster based on the given theme.
- To encourage children’s interest and understanding in space science and technology
- To encourage children to expand their imagination about the universe
Theme: “My Home in Space”
This poster contest encourages children to explore their creativity, expand their imaginations and express friendship. From the viewpoint of space, we can envision the world without borders.
- Drawing/painting Drawing / painting must be on paper of A3 size (297 x 420 mm) at minimum and A2 size (420 x 594 mm) at maximum.
- Acceptable tools of drawing / painting include pencil, crayon, water color, oil paint, computer drawing, etc. However, photographs, wires, and other 3D objects are not acceptable. The completed artwork must be on a flat piece of paper.
- The drawing / painting must not include words, national flags, or slogans. The drawing / painting must not represent any specific individual, organization, country, brand name, or logo marks and must not depict any religious theme. Any artwork that violates any of these restrictions is subject to be disqualified from the voting process for the poster awards.
- Name and age of participant as well as school’s name and address must be clearly mentioned on the back of poster in the English Language.
- The theme “My Home in Space” should be the main focus of the poster.
- No text (including theme title, name, etc) should be written on the front of the poster.
- Entry submission form should be submitted along with the poster.
- Each school can submit up to three posters, of which one poster would be selected by SUPARCO for competition.
- A poster should be an individual effort of a child. A poster can be submitted either by one student or a group of up to two students.
- The deadlines should be strictly followed, which is 17th August, 2018 for entry submission. Posters submitted after the deadline shall not be included in the competition.
- All posters submitted for competition shall become the property of SUPARCO.
- Winning posters may be sent for international poster contest.
- The form should be filled in block letters.
- Signature of a parent/guardian is essential.
- No columns should be left empty.
- The final result would be announced on SUPARCO Official Website by the end of October 2018.
Poster Entry Submission
Those who are willing to participate in this poster contest must send completely filled entry submission form and poster at the postal address given below, before the deadline (17th August, 2018)
Download: Entry Submission Form
Postal Address:To: Manager Space Education & Awareness Div,
Secretary Directorate, SUPARCO HQ’s
SUPARCO Headquarters, SUPARCO Road,
Karachi – 75270, P. O. Box: 8402
Tel: 021-34650765-74; Ext: 2078/2053/2036
- Violation of rules and regulations shall lead to disqualification
- All posters submitted for competition shall become the property of SUPARCO